Communicator designed for wireless data transmission from electronic meters via GSM network. Data can be transmitted in the case of continuous measurements using GPRS data transmission or for the non-continuous measurement using SMS messages.
The GSM communicator 485COM is being used in applications where, for technical, economical reasons or because of mobility cannot be realized data transmission over landline.
To one GSM communicator several electronic meters can be connected. (electrometers, network analyzers, gas meters, flow meters, heat meters and others.) Via the serial interface RS485.
- Wireless data transmissionBased on the volume and frequency of the transmitted data can be used:• GPRS data transmission (suitable for continuous metering – online measurements in real time)
• transmission via SMS messages (suitable for non-continuous measurements – eg. The measurement once per day, week or month)
- Serial interface RS485Electronic meters can be connected via RS485 serial bus protocol supporting MODBUS and IEC 62056-21.You can connect for example electrometers, network analyzers, gas meters, flow meters, heat meters, and other atypical meters or sensors with RS485 output.
To one GSM communicator several meters can be connected.
- Variable useWe designed the device to be flexible so it can be adapted to a customer requirements..
- Small dimensions and easy installationThe device was designed into a 2 module box with DIN rail mounting. It is possible to connect an external magnetic GSM antenna if needed.
- Communication and controlThe big advantage of 485COM is its ability to communicate and operate through its own software applications or possibility to integrate the communication into customer’s existing systems.For non-continuous measurements we offer our specialized software 485COM Monitor.
- Power supplyDC 12 V ± 2 V
- Current consumptiontypical 25 mA
maximum 850 mA
- InterfaceRS485 (MODBUS protocol or IEC 62056-21)
- GSMQuad-Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Class 4 (2 W @ 850/900 MHz)
Class 1 (1 W @ 1800/1900 MHz)
- Dimensions35x90x60 mm (without GSM antenna)
- MountingDin rail (2M)
- Weight72 g (without GSM antenna)
- Operating temperaturefrom –20°C to +70°C
We develop and manufacture the unit in Czech Republic. Quality of production and its components is our #1 priority. Each piece produced goes under strict quality control and is CE certified.